Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm Not a Slacker


Wow, it's been two whole months since I last blogged! I didn't realize that it had been sooo long. I want to personally apologize to my friend Chav because I know he checks my blog religiously. Well, I will spare everyone and only give a brief excuse: I have been busy working and painting. I have a couple of paintings in between this one and the last one but I don't really feel like going back and blogging about them. I should blog at the time of my excitement (not that I wasn't excited about them, I have just moved on and the latest painting is always my favorite). However, you can see the new ones at www.audraesch.com if you're feeling extra spry and want to do a little more clicking, (I promise it will be worth the effort).
On to my latest painting. This one is of my friend Debbie, (yes I made her dress up in a china doll dress, but she looked really good in it). Even though I was planning on painting her on a bigger canvas, I painted it on a 9x12 because it was Sunday evening and I was just itching to paint something and finish it. (I will paint a bigger one though, I think.) I like my stuff better when I'm in that kind of mood because the less controlled brush strokes give it a texture that I normally wouldn't have. Let me know what you think.

No comments: