Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pet Portraits and Photoshop Practice


I have a couple of new things. I painted Cat! for my friend and fellow blogger Holley (Complainr Knits!) in exchange for a knit shrug, she did an awesome job! It will go quite nicely with all the black shirts I have but no jacket to wear with them until now. After painting Cat!, I am going to try now more than ever to get my pet portrait business going. I'm sorry, but if you're not a good friend I only paint for money, so if you or know of someone who has a pet and money, send them to me.
I'm still working on my Photoshop skills so here is the latest (I got bored with fairy princess). I've been trying different brushes and techniques. This one I just used a soft round brush. It isn't quite finished. It's not an accurate copy as I was just concerned about technique (I've included the reference photo.) It took me a few hours this afternoon.

2 comments:

complainr said...

Cat!

:)

We are displaying Cat! in our home with pride.

evil-lyn said...

awesome painting of cat!! if only i knew how to knit...and had a pet.